The Practice of Worship at GBC
How we apply the Principles of Worship.
Why do so many churches pattern their worship services
after the things of the "world?" When God tells us...
"Do not love the world, nor the things of the world. If anyone loves the world
of the Father is not in him." 1 Jn. 2:15
At GBC Our worship services are simple...
Here's what you won't find at GBC:
- We do not entertain our congregation with various "special music"
programs or musical extravaganzas...
- We do not try to impress or awe people with "drama shows."
- We do not attempt to artificially "pump up" the congregation to get everyone to sing loudly.
Here's what we do:
- We pray and read Scripture!
- We actually sing God honoring hymns from Hymnals.
- Each member of the congregation seeks to offer sincere praise to the Living God from that new living heart which He has given us!
- We offer to God from our "firstfruits."
That is... Worship in Spirit
Again... here's what we don't' do:
- We do not replace the preaching of God's Word with entertainment.
- Our pastor does not sit on a stool and tell stories, attempting to "relate" to every young person and make them think he's "cool."
- Nor does he give 15 minute homilies telling jokes, stories, lofty thoughts, how-to steps, or life applications.
Rather... here is what we offer:
Expositional messages that come from God's Word!
In his preaching, Pastor Hildebrandt compares Scripture with Scripture utilizing Systematic and Biblical Theology to bring to the congregation the teaching of God's Word. Then, that teaching is applied to the hearts of God's people.
That is... Worship in Truth
Bring your Bibles... and your brains!
Back to the top of page
Back to Main Worship Page
Back to Home Page